Wednesday 28 November 2007

The Life of Walt Disney




Death of a Famous Person

For this report I had to choose to write about a famous person that died before August 17 1977.




So I decided to pick Walt Disney who was the creator of Mickey Mouse and other disney characters and co-founder of The Walt Disney Company.



The first Mickey Mouse was created in November 18th, 1928


And he won 22 Oscars, Another 37 wins & 41 nominations.

Walt Disney was Born 5 December 1901, Chicago, Illinois, USA
He died 15 December 1966 St. Josephs Hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest, caused by lung cancer.



For the person you chose you had to think of a selection of questions that you would like to ask them if they were still alive.



1. What made you name Disney land “Disney land”?



I thought that my work, and company, had an image of real family. Stuff that all ages could enjoy.
If we called it "wonderland," or "fantasy world," who would know that WE made it.
Also, it's a nice way to not only sell the park, but also our movies and films.

2. What made you want to Create Cartoons?

When I was a child I always had the love of drawing and creating my own cartoons and there own life’s it wasn’t until I was older that I wanted to get my cartoons published.

3. When you where younger did you always want to create cartoons or have another ambition in mind?

I had always loved to draw and make cartoons but it wasn’t my first options I wanted to be in the army, which I was in until I was thrown out for being too young.

4. Did you ever think you would still be really famous to this day after your death?

No, I was surprised that children all over the world still favourite my cartoons after all these years and I hope it continues for many years to come!

5. Where you always going to call Mickey mouse “Mickey Mouse”?




No, I was thinking of "Mortimer Mouse." But Lilly, my wife, didn't like it. She said, "Why don't you name him Mickey".



A few of his movies that he was famous for :-


  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, 1937


  • Pinocchio, 1940


  • Bambi, 1942.


  • Alice In Wonderland, 1951


  • Lady and The Tramp, 1955.


  • Dumbo, 1941.



and many more !







4 comments:

Duncan said...

Mentioned in Dispatches

amanda874 said...

Hey good interview lois. I love all the walt disney movies but my favouurite has to be Aladin, I used to watch it sooooo much when I was younger it made me so happy and I would sing along to all the songs. Ax

Kyle Thompson said...

yea i love the mans work a geinius
and forget about just keeping kids happy i still love the classics like aladin.

Duncan said...

You know you're getting old when "Aladdin" is classed as a classic

1992 - 16 years ago! Sheesh.

"Jungle Book" and "Dumbo" for me. Great songs too. As I resist the temptation to repeat some of them here ...